HOLIDAY TRAVEL INSURANCE
A Special Holiday Travel Insurance Scheme is available for all passengers travelling on our holidays which is arranged with ERV (the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG) who are Licensed by the Bundesanstalt fur Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFIN – www.bafin.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA – www.fca.gov.uk) to undertake insurance business in the UK.
Should You wish to take advantage of our Holiday Travel Insurance please include the appropriate premium when booking Your holiday.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This insurance policy will suit the Demands and Needs of an individual or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified claim limits.
We will not provide You with advice about the suitability of this product for Your individual needs but will be happy to provide You with factual information.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes Mayday Assist 24 hour’s Medical Emergency service. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of Cover, Policy Warranties and Exclusions will be forwarded with Your confirmation of booking. In any event You may ask for a specimen copy of the Policy Wording before booking should You wish to examine this in advance.
COVER - SUM INSURED UP TO
Missed Departure/Travel Delay £300/£60
Personal Accident £15,000
Medical and other Expenses including Curtailment £2,000,000
Additional Travelling Expenses – United Kingdom £1,500
Medical Inconvenience Benefit £450 (£15 per 24 hours)
Personal Property/Loss of Passport £1,500/£200
Personal Liability £2,000,000
Delayed Baggage £100
Legal Expenses £25,000
14 day refundInsurance Premium
Cancellation, Curtailment, Holiday Abandonment and Loss of Deposit for holidays up to and including 3 days NIL. For holidays over 3 days Loss of Deposit excess £15.00 each and every loss. For holidays over 3 days excess £50.00 each and every loss for Cancellation, Curtailment and Holidays Abandonment. Medical and Other Expenses, Additional Travelling Expenses – United Kingdom, Personal Property and Money excess £35.00 each and every incident per Insured Person.
Pre-existing medical conditions (Applicable to travel to all destinations)
It is a condition that at the time of taking out this Policy and between that time and Your departure You must comply with each of the following:
- You are not aware of any reason why the Trip should be cancelled or cut short.
- You are not travelling:(a) Against the advice of a medical practitioner.(b) For the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.(c) If You have been given a terminal prognosis.
- You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for any illness or injury as a hospital day case or in-patient as any claim arising from the illness or injury will not be covered.
- If You are on medication at the time of travel Your medical condition must be stable/well controlled.
In addition if You are travelling outside England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the following additional conditions will apply:
You must notify the Changes in Health helpline immediately of any of the conditions listed below arising between the date the Policy is issued and the time of departure for the Trip. Insurers must be informed of any fact which is likely to influence their acceptance, assessment or continuance of this insurance. Failure to do so may invalidate this insurance, leaving You with no right to make a claim.
- If You have received medical treatment as a hospital day case, in-patient or out-patient, during the six months prior to the booking of the Trip, You must obtain medical advice from a medical practitioner at Your cost confirming that You will be fit enough to take the Trip.
- If You are undergoing medical treatment as a hospital out-patient at the date the final balance of the Trip is due to be paid, a certificate of fitness confirming Your ability to travel must be obtained by You at Your cost.
Please note our Holiday Travel Insurance Scheme is only available to United Kingdom Residents.
Mr J Stewart trading as Aberfeldy Motors are an Appointed Representative of Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (Their firm reference is 311394).